We are opening this BONUS webinar up to ALL employers for free! Add the event to your shopping cart and enter code “FREEI9” during checkout.
On July 21, 2023, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced a new I-9 rule which will allow some employers an alternative option to remotely prepare Form I-9s for new hires.
This is a significant development as employers prepare for the August 30th deadline to complete in-person inspection of Form I-9s completed under the COVID-19 flexibilities. Along with the new rule, DHS announced it will issue a new Form I-9 on August 1, 2023.
Key topics to be covered include:
- Overview of the DHS Announcement: a concise overview of the DHS’s recent announcement regarding the new I-9 Rule and the rationale behind the implementation of remote inspection measures.
- Understanding Remote Inspection: comprehensive breakdown of the remote inspection process for Form I-9, including its scope, requirements, and benefits for both employers and employees.
- Complying with the New Form I-9: we’ll walk through changes made to the Form I-9 and highlight critical areas where employers must pay close attention to avoid non-compliance.
- Best Practices and Tips: Employers and HR professionals will receive practical advice and best practices on implementing the new rule and Form I-9 in their organizations.
- Q&A Session: Participants will have the opportunity to engage in a live Q&A with attorney Julie Pace, allowing them to get answers to specific questions relevant to their unique situations.
Julie Pace has significant experience counseling and representing businesses in a broad range of employment matters. She has handled more than 1,000 I-9 and E-Verify compliance investigations and authors hr|simple’s Arizona Human Resources Manual.