The NE Chamber teamed up with hr|simple, HR Nebraska and Knudsen Law Firm to bring you the first installment of our 4-part ‘HR Hour’ webinar series.
Knudsen attorney Chuck Wilbrand answers the audience’s most complicated HR questions in this open Q&A style webinar.
We cover topics such as:
– Best practices for conducting credit checks on new employees vs existing employees
– Do commissioned employees get the same time off as salaried employees?
– If we have employees that are currently exempt but due to further clarification in laws should be considered non-exempt, what is the best way to go about that change?
– What are our options and/or obligations regarding pay once a person exhausts their paid sick leave?
– How to handle an employee with alcohol dependency
– Drug testing employees
– Can companies provide a stipend or cash-in-lieu of a health insurance benefit
– Remote workers
– And much more!
*Disclaimer: this should not be taken as legal advice.